Donate online, by check, or by cash today
All cash donations go directly towards providing services. As a non-profit, your donation is tax-deductible.
Online: fast, secure, easy
You can donate online through Network For Good. You can make a one-time or recurring donation, and can even dedicate your donation to a specific person. Simply click on the Donate Now button to the right (opens a new window).
Checks and cash: it all goes to us
If you donate online, 5% of your contribution goes to Network for Good for fees (if you choose not to cover the fee). If you give us a check, we get the full amount!
Please make your check payable to Books Through Bars. If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, please include your information (name, address). Please note that Books Through Bars is not responsible for checks or cash that get lost in the mail.
- In person: We accept donations at every packing session. Please give it to the packing session host.
- By mail: send your contribution to Books Through Bars, 4722 Baltimore Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19143.
Where will your money go?
- $4 purchases 1 dictionary
- $15 covers shipment for 3-5 book packages (3-5 people!)
- $25 ships a full box of books for a prison library
- $50 covers materials and mailing costs for 1 participant in Address This!
- $100 covers shipment of 25 packages (50-100 books, about 25 people!)
- $250 supports shipping and materials for a youth service learning session
- $1,000 covers 2 months’ rent for our space
- $20,000+: No joke, that’s what it costs per year just to mail books!